Sunday, August 29, 2010

28/8/10

Saturday- Mum’s birthday! Oops actually that means it was yesterday…Love you Mum, hope you had a lovely day! xx And you too Jennie, for last Saturday xx, so sorry, time is just a blur…





Well, it was so nice to just wake up and take my time getting ready for the day. Don't have to be anywhere until 10am for a saddle fitting clinic...



The saddle and posture clinic with Linda was extraordinary! Linda and Letitia ran us through the spiel of not liking the commercial saddles so they decided to start designing and developing their own. Then they brought in four horses and we checked out their conformation and whether they had square shoulders or pointy narrow shoulders, and if they had a hollowed out back or were uphill or down hill. Then they saddled them with their owners saddles, and we took note of how they looked working first on the circle without a ridder, then how they looked being ridden. I wish I’d taken photos but I got so engrossed in what happened when they changed to the Parelli saddles they I completely forgot! I’m not really one to jump on the ’brand’ wagon, but the changes in those horses were amazing! Of course now I want one, but the one I like is still in the prototype stage…me and Lauren will both be giving it a test ride sometime later in the week. Exciting! I did have the presence of mind to take a photo of it, and I think it’s in the new dvd.



Very quiet around the ranch this evening, most people have gone out to listen and dance at the local pub because Tim Sullivan is playing there. I came back to my cabin because a) I was hoping the wireless would be working and I’d be able to make some skype calls and get my blogs uploaded and b) because it’s so cold and rainy outside that it feels like its going to snow and my cabin has a heater!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa! I agree, the changes in the 4 horses during the saddle makeover were amazing. Congratulations on your scholarship! you sure deserve it. As Neil says onward and upward from here!!!!!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 1Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete