Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 8

12/8/10




Thursday



A woodland mouse in my Parelli house,

woke me at 3am and I swore.

So I got out of bed and picked up my shoe,

then drove him straight out the door!



Seriously! I was not happy, I’d gone to bed early cos I was so tired and had to get up early. Cute little mousey looking squirrelly thing. Will block up the gap under the door with a towel tonight and hopefully it won’t come in for a snuggle tonight.



Spent the day with the upper end admin team today, which was enlightening. Will be going in to the corporate office tomorrow morning…thought I’d better have a shower…I’d been putting it off as I'd discovered with a squeal of pain (and shock) that their idea of water saving is to install a shower head that acts like a katcha (or whatever its called), a high pressure spray that nearly blasted my skin off. And yes, it was cold! To make it warm you have to turn it on harder! I was struggling to stay on the shower seat. So as you can imagine I was not to keen to have another.


This evening after deciding I had no option but to face another blasting, I discovered (now that my brain was not in shock and I was prepared for what was to come) that the shower nozzle has a pin that goes thru it and when you push it thru one way it stems the flow, and pushed thru the other way gives you maximum blast power, so I was able to control the water at last. Was wondering how I was going to last 6 weeks without showering, thank goodness I won’t have to.


I didn't take any new photos today...sorry...but will throw in a couple, one of the amazing mountainous horizon-line behind my cabin...



and another as I head up the hill to the parking area where my cabin is...its the little red roof in the middlish, off to the right a bit....

No comments:

Post a Comment