Tuesday, September 14, 2010

13/9/10

Monday

Wow, first day into my ‘performance horse training’ part of my work experience and I spent the morning watching Lauren have lessons on 3 of her horses, Maile, Manny and Peanut, with none other than Mary Longden. I’m not sure exactly what her title is but she’s a top level coach. She did seem to remember me from the time when she and Sally Francis came out to see me ride back when they were putting the team together for the Atlanta games. I never went ahead with it because I wasn’t allowed to ride in my seatbelt, and I didn’t think that just walking around on a borrowed horse was what it was all about. Having ridden in Lauren’s set up and felt reasonably secure without the seatbelt, and now they use their own horse, I’m really interested! Mary with be giving Lauren lessons tomorrow and Wednesday…should be good, will try and get some of it on video.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome opportunity! Good for you....

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Trainee Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete