Wednesday, October 20, 2010

8/10/10

Friday


A beautiful day in Kentucky, warm and sunny. The freestyle para-dressage starts today, Lauren doesn’t ride until tomorrow. Pat’s demo was huge today with the biggest crowd I’ve seen so far and the crowd was not disappointed. The savvy team started off doing some really cool stuff, then Pat came in on Magic for a bit, showing how to bounce the big green ball and get your horse to bounce you (piaffe) at the same time. Then Linda came in with West Point. By that point I was needing to sneak out and go to the bathroom, guess who I ran into? Guy Mclean, that’s who. Had a quick chat, found out that his tour is going really well, and that one of the other demonstrators is sharing demo time with Guy, will have to see if I can catch his show tomorrow. Also discovered an exciting product which could give me total independence when it comes to riding…magnetic stirrups. About the only thing I can’t do myself is put my feet in the stirrups and put the elastics around my feet to keep them in, these magnetic stirrups might fix that, would love to try them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment